We are Hiring a Bookkeeper
We are looking for a skilled bookkeeper to record financial transactions, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. You will post information to accounting journals/software and reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy.
You must display the ability to use own initiative ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Complete tax forms
- Enter data, maintain records and launch reports, financial statements and chase payments
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Help coordinate and oversee office activities and operations to secure efficiency
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Monitor stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, is that you?
Full Time 35 hours a week Job Salary dependant on experience (full time)
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.