We are looking for a Shipping Clerk that will undertake a variety of day-to-day tasks to ensure that the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently.
Want to work for a young company in a relaxed but professional atmosphere in the centre of Huddersfield?
The tasks of the shipping clerk will be ranging from managing daily shipping and postage with accuracy and be involved in ensuring the delivery of items and deadlines are met.
The ideal candidate will be highly competent in prioritising work and working with little supervision. He/She will be self-motivated and trustworthy.
- Print daily sales receipts and cross-check with computer software to ensure accuracy
- Prepare and print shipping labels corresponding to shipping needs
- Assemble and fill boxes and other cartons with items that need to be shipped
- Affix proper postage to each package in preparation for shipping
- Track inventory and report any shortages to sales team so we can update the website
- Process orders based on the buyer’s preferred shipping system (e.g. UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- Contact carrier and schedule shipping for each package
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and update supplies as needed
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
35 hours a week Job Salary dependant on experience
Please email us at email@example.com with your CV and cover letter.